Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Indiana FFA Officers

Casie Conley to Lead New Indiana FFA Officers
06/15/2011by Andy Eubank
The old adage when you need something done have a busy person do it certainly applies to the new Indiana State FFA president. Casie Conley was installed as the 82nd state convention concluded Wednesday afternoon in Purdue University's Elliott Hall of Music.
The recent Knightstown High School graduate was 2nd runner-up in the Indiana State Fair queen pageant last year and she also has juggled many high school and extracurricular activities.
I was class president, cheerleader, Student Council, National Honor Society, History Club, Spanish Club, FCA, and 4-H. Im president of my 4-H club and 4-H is a big part of my life too. So I was in almost everything!
But nothing tops the excitement Casie is feeling about leading a state organization that means so much to her. I seriously cannot wait. I cant wait to move into the house and get into serving this great organization that has made me the woman I am today. I cant wait. The new state president plans to be an agricultural communications major when she starts college. She already has a good feel of the need for good communicators in agriculture.
I think in the world today there are just so many misconceptions of agriculture, she explained. Is our food safe, is our fiber safe. I think its so important because we have to keep the world going and we have to feed the world, and thats so important to me and all the rest of the agriculturalists here today. I love nothing better than to be an advocate for agriculture and Im sure thats what Im going to be doing this year.
Conley told HAT she was impressed by all fifteen other state officer candidates and is excited about working with the new state officer team.
The other state officers in the coming year are Sarah Correll of North Miami, Secretary; Rachel Schmitt of Tipton, North Region VP; Jacob Mattox of South Decatur, South Region VP; Treasurer Gianna Hartman of Warsaw; Reporter Ross Newton of Hoosier Hills; and Travis Olinske of Carroll @ Ft. Wayne, Sentinel.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReadyNSI

No comments:

Post a Comment