Wednesday, September 23, 2015

It's Harvest Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Combines are running through bean and corn fields quickly and efficiently as I write.  To know how the yields are doing we need to communicate with each other to determine if its just me or is everyone having a good year or bad year or just running somewhat normal.  I encourage farmers who may read this to report how things are going.  I should rephrase that, I encourage the farm wives between running the grain cart and fixing the meals to spend a couple of minutes to let the world know how things are going in your corner.  I have had one report from a Dairy farmer near Crawfordsville and his silage is running less than half of what he normally gets.  I do believe that communicating the trials and tribulations of a farmers daily work would go a long way in promoting a better relationship with those who have no idea of the daily stress of being a farmer.  Praying for a good harvest or at least the pricing of your product to keep our farmers finances stable in order to continue providing the worlds food.

No comments:

Post a Comment